Types of Eczema
• Atopic Eczema - It is the most common type and it is often found to be hereditary. It is caused due to allergens or triggers found in the environment.
• Contact Eczema - It is caused when the skin comes in contact with the allergen, like detergent, soap or jewelry. The reaction is local and it the skin turns red and itchy.
• Seborrheic eczema does not have a known cause. The skin develops yellowish, oily and scaly patches. The scalp and the face are common areas of the body which are affected.
• Nummular eczema is characterized by coin shaped patches on the skin and is commonly present on the limbs. The patches may scale and crust.
• Neurodermatitis is caused by scratch itch cycle. It starts with an itch which becomes intensely irritated and worsens when scratched.
• Stasis dermatitis is an irritation that commonly occurs on the lower legs and has a circulatory cause.
• Dyshidrotic eczema does not have a known cause. It is characterized by deep blisters on the palms and soles of the feet. It is an itchy and burning condition.